Old April 3rd 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
[email protected]

Default Image wouldn't transfer

Hi all.
Kinda new to this, but opened my big mouth at work and now I'm in a
pickle.

I am trying to transfer an image onto some TLS and it didn't work yet.
Here's what I did:

Squirted some TLS on a piece of glass.

Levelled it out by pushing it around with a craft stick to make an
even "sheet" of TLS

Placed my image toner down on top of the TLS and gently pressed it in
and evened out. I made sure it was touching the entire image by
picking it up and looking at the underside.
(The image was printed on a Xerox Phaser 7300 Color laser printer on
regular copy paper)

Let it sit that way for about 5 minutes

Put it in the oven at around 285-300 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.

Now...
When I took it out I immediately tried to peel off the paper. It
didn't seem to transfer. The paper wouldn't separate from the sheet of
TLS. It did peel up from the glass.

In the interest of time I think I will just try the burnish and bake
method, even though the results seem to not be not nearly as colorful.
But I want this to work because what I did get out of it makes me
think that it will be a cool skill to have once I "get it".

Sorry if this was covered already, but I couldn't easily find it and
I'm in a time crunch.
Thanks in advance
MAD