Old June 15th 06, 08:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit

Default No curl fabric

Brenda Joy wrote:
On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:18:53 -0700, Pogonip
wrote:

Brenda Joy wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 01:17:55 -0700, Pogonip
wrote:

Brenda Joy wrote:

My problem is finding a stitch pattern that won't curl. I'd be
grateful for any suggestions or book recommendations. Is rib fabric
the only option?

Tuck won't curl, either, and has the advantage of being on one bed.
Another way to do it is to knit it "in the round" so that it's a smooth
knit on the outside, and since there are no edges, it won't "curl."

Thanks, I'll give these a try.

Brenda

Good luck. I see our new Dr. Who doesn't have a scarf. Or maybe he
left it somewhere....in the past or the future.

I could really use the TARDIS about now. I never have enough time or
space. I'm busy rebuilding the table for the knitting machine instead
of knitting and I'm itching to have another go. I've been using a
makeshift table that consists of a slab of chipboard on a metal stand
that isn't quite big enough. It was okay though until I attached the
ribber, then the weight of it all threatened to overbalance the lot.

Regarding the scarf, DS wants a really long one like Tom Baker wore.
I think it was sometimes longer than 20 ft and never smaller than 10.
I even found a web site devoted to Dr Who's scarf!

Brenda

I need a TARDIS, also. Please. If you have a spare, please send it
over. Getting a machine set up so it does'nt fall over, or otherwise
interfere with operation is critical - I bought a tilt-stand for mine
because nothing else I tried was satisfactory. I have seen a stand that
is a cabinet that the machine folds into when not in use - British I
think it was - that was nifty, but I think the machine had to be out of
work when you closed it. No hanging fabric waiting for you to get back
to it.

The Dr. Who scarf is great fun as long as the person who has it does not
make the mistake made.
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.alternate-universe