Old February 24th 17, 02:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Violet Stitches

Default cross stitch lovers: to grid or not to grid?

..... Zweigart and Wichelt are probably the best manufacturers of Aida. I don't stitch on Aida anymore. I love linen - Belfast (32) or Cashel (28) from Zweigart and Lugana, also from Zweigart.

Arliss

Thanks Arliss! I did just order some Wichelt Aida, but it hasn't arrived yet. I want to see it and touch it to compare it to the linen I usually work on. I'll keep those brand names in mind if I decide to stick with the Aida.