Old February 22nd 17, 03:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Violet Stitches

Default cross stitch lovers: to grid or not to grid?

Dawn, I looked up Raven Queen to see what you'll be stitching...it's quite the piece! Here's a brief look on youtube of some who finished it, if anyone is curious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYipPb0MdUE

As I was digging through my stash fabrics tonight I came across a tiny piece of Aida called "Blue Blizzard Opalescent" by Wichelt. I have no idea why I have a piece of aida in my stash as I haven't sewn on it since grade school...I don't know if it was sent to be by mistake years ago or if a shop included it as a sample, or where the heck it came from. It was a *gorgeous* pale blue with a multicolored opalescent sparkle running through it...definitely high quality. They had it on 123stitch so I ordered it for my "No Winter Lasts Forever" project (see here if you forgot what it looks like: http://www.123stitch.com/item/Silver...attern/12-1083 ).

Being that this pattern is more whimsical and not detailed at all, I think Aida will look great. I'll be able to grid it easier and my eyes will be so happy for the rest. You can get an idea of what the fabric looks like in the below link, but it doesn't show the beautiful sparkle.

http://www.123stitch.com/item/Wichel...x18/3706-5169Y

Thanks to everyone for commenting, and helping me find good solutions and new possibilities!

From the Strawberry Sampler I just received an adorable pin cushion project.. Then I looked at the linen...holy crap, it's 40ct. I've never even worked on 40ct before. Guess I'll go blind after all! See it he http://www.strawberrysampler.com/detail.cfm?ID=18174