Old January 1st 04, 02:24 PM
Christina Hellström

atspam (Sjpolyclay) wrote in
:

Does anyone have any experience with Puppen Fimo?

I used it about ten years ago. Its basically Classic Fimo Flesh
colored, but a little stronger and it came in a larger brick. Its nice
enough, but rather more opaque than I like--I mix in translucent for a
waxier flesh---more like Cernit. Very firm, not as heat sensitive as
cernit and premo. Sarajane

I use Puppen Fimo, and think it is the best "straight from the package"
clay for making doll parts that I have used (although I haven't yet tried
everything available). I would say that it is currently more like Fimo Soft
than Classic Fimo, as it can be used straight from the package. It is
firmer than Fimo Soft, not as sticky as it has more of a chalkier feel to
it, and the smoothing abilities (getting rid of a seam, I mean) is even
better than for Fimo Soft.

Adding translucent is a great idea, I have to try that. I love the way
Cernit looks, and the way the clay moves when one pushes it. I can make
lovely lips very easily with Cernit, but with every other clay I have major
problems. But I really hate the heat sensitivity and that I never can get
rid of any seams without pushing everything else out of shape (warm hands,
and not the most nimble fingers).

Overall, I love Puppen Fimo. It is not the ultimate doll clay, but it is by
far the best I have used.

--
//Christina Hellström
http://www.geocities.com/chellstr/