Old March 22nd 17, 12:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Night Mist

Default More wonder clips and more random stuff

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 4:25:59 PM UTC-4, Bobbie Sews More wrote:
wrote in message

Hello Brian,
I vote for the french seam on your pants and think elastic would be
better than draw strings. Just my thoughts.
Sandy$

I agree with Sandy!
Barbara in FL

Agree on the french seams, though with the weight of the fabric I would do them inside out, press them over, and stitch them down to make fake flat fells. Does not rub so on the skin that way.
I think drawstrings rather than elastic.
I have a rule about trying to use fasteners that will equal the durability of the garment, or at least be easy to replace at need. Thus I would not go to elastic as a first choice with fabric this heavy. Unless you go the thread and pray route it would be the devil to sew in properly, and worse to replace. Especially if you use a weight of elastic to match the fabric. That heavy duty stuff can be a right bear to work with.

NightMist