Old February 25th 17, 01:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Rich[_3_]

Default cross stitch lovers: to grid or not to grid?

Well it looks like my habit of only reading this group once a week has
got me way behind. It is nice to see!

I have stitched on aida but I don't care for it because I find the
holes hard to hit from the back side. With linen the needles always
comes up somewhere close and then I can usually find the right hole on
the next poke.

I have never done a grid so I am no help with that topic.

Rich

On Fri, 24 Feb 2017 18:50:15 -0800 (PST), Violet Stitches
wrote:

Hey Arliss. I live on the SE boarder of Minnesota in Rochester, so it's about a 5 hour drive to Fargo for me (boohoo!). There are no stitchy shops within 100 miles of me so I have to order everything online, which makes it difficult for me to pick out fabrics.

I've ordered some aida (hasn't arrived yet) but don't know if I'm going to like stitching on it or not...we'll see how it goes. My eyesight is getting worse and I'm getting headaches from stitching on linen, particularly higher counts of linen, so I'm looking for options that would be easier for me. All of my pieces have been done on various kinds of linen or cashel, but I've never used Laguna. How do you like it?