Old February 24th 17, 08:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Arliss Link[_2_]

Default cross stitch lovers: to grid or not to grid?

Thanks Arliss! I did just order some Wichelt Aida, but it hasn't arrived yet. I want to see it and touch it to compare it to the linen I usually work on. I'll keep those brand names in mind if I decide to stick with the Aida.

Most shops will carry either Zweigart or Wichelt, but they might not carry Aida from both companies. I personally prefer Zweigart's linen to Wichelt's, but, as they say, Your Mileage May Vary.

Aida and linen don't feel or look anything alike. I think it took me about 10 years to transition from Aida to linen or other even weave, but once I was over that hump, there has been no going back. I did try to stitch something on Aida for an outreach program for my ANG chapter, and I hated it. LOL I recently stitched a Mirabilia on 32 count linen, but my current project is on 25 count Lugana.

How far are you from Fargo? Nordic Needle carries quality fabrics (and a myriad of other stitching supplies). I haven't been there for a couple of years; Joan and I used to meet there on occasion. Might have to do it again sometime. . .

Arliss