Old February 22nd 17, 04:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
D J

Default cross stitch lovers: to grid or not to grid?

On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 8:41:59 PM UTC-5, Violet Stitches wrote:
Oh my gosh, I just did a search on 123stitch.com, and they have Aida in gorgeous hand dyed and opalescent colors. I had no idea you could get Aida in anything other than white or cream. This opens up new possibilities!

I use it for certain patterns, it just depends how detailed the pattern is.
Years ago, I found some yellow, green and pink aida at a store. My boys were little at the time and into Pokemon. I managed to find some patterns of Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Bulbasaur. The patterns looked like coloring book drawings so I used the colored aida fabric so that I just needed to stitch the outline of the character in black. The boys loved them.

You could try stitching something small, like a bookmark. I stitched a bookmark for my youngest son, can't remember what count the fabric was, and when I was finished I had it laminated. He still has the bookmark to this day.

123stitch.com is a wonderful website and it seemed like everything that I wanted to buy was on sale...including the Raven Queen. I plan to frame the pattern because it's too beautiful to put away in one of my stash bins.

Dawn