Old August 15th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default Name this quilt

Polly,
You and Val are both right. No prize, but you both get
bragging rights! With your reminder about Dr. Seuss, I
googled and saw the photo of the famous book. Here it
is ... NAYY!! ..... http://tinyurl.com/35xsrn

I am not sure why I kept thinking 'green!' ... maybe I
was thinking of green eggs and ham! My only excuse is
that it has been a very loooooong time since I've read
books to/with kidlets.

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my request. PAT

Polly Esther wrote:

If this is a test, I'm probably going to be sent to the back of the class -
but, if memory serves - there's a book by Dr Seuss that is the "Foot" book.
We read it dozens of times a day for months when our grandtwins were having
a hard time getting their little mouths and brains to manage the 'F' sound.
I'm thinking that one went:
One Foot, Two Foot,
Red Foot, Blue Foot,
Foot, foot, foot.
It won't bother me one bit to be wrong; just thought I'd toss in a truly
worthless 2¢. Polly

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
news
Thanks, Val. I had thought of that child's rhyme too, but couldn't
remember the 'other color' .... not blue, the other one. Since the Warhol
inspiration work is just one blue shoe, I really could have fun with that.
So, are you sure it is red, not green?? I am not doubting YOU, just
verifying this. Thanks!
PAT in VA