Old March 16th 07, 09:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Dicon[_2_]

Default Image transfer to ring...help..

"Martha" nospam @ nospam.com wrote in message
I realize he wants to insert into ring but I still think it would get
totally trashed from normal hand wear, not to mention hand washing, putting
on lotion, etc. Epoxy would be much stronger but Nanner has worked with
Epoxy and doesn't believe even that is strong enough.

I have learned a lot by experimenting and making mistakes, but I if I
think something won't work well from the beginning I hate to see somebody
go to all that trouble only to have it self destruct in a matter of weeks
or months. Just my two cents.

To Greg - if you try it please let us know how it works out after a
suitable period of wear.

Martha

Just wondering, could you try bonding a piece of glass or cabochon crystal
over the image, as in ( from the base layer) ...
base poly-clay, then the image bonded into liquid sculpy, along with a
crystal / glass face over the whole thing.
Maybe worth a try.

--
Jackdaw, collector of facts, trivia and bright twinkly things
my addy is