Old November 7th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
off kilter quilter

Default Corduroy Quilt?

Debra wrote:
I've got a lot of corduroy in pinks and blues. It's nice soft stuff
that will probably be even softer after washing. Can I use it to make
a quilt top? Will I need to use big seam allowances?
Debra in VA
See my quilts at

HAVE to respond to this.....I received a huge box of corduroy scraps
when I first started quilting. the quilt was chaotic and goofy and was
supposed to be ALL MINE!!! I also discovered a flat sheet that had no
mate. I stitched the corduroy together in whatever pattern I felt like
at the time, and didn't bother with any batting. That quilt became the
most beloved and well-used quilt (can it be a quilt if it has no
batting?/) that has ever been in the house. I made it in 2000 and it is
currently awaiting repairs to the many rips and tears that have
developed....not because of poor construction but because for 6 years it
has been used by EVERY member of the family (QIs included) for naps, to
make tents, to curl up on/under.

It is scrummy warm and I like it better than the fleece ones that my
children have.

Larisa