Old January 28th 15, 03:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Kay Lancaster

Default Eyes -- an update

On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 16:23:08 -0400, wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 11:32:55 -0800 (PST), Danny Breidenbach
wrote:

On Monday, January 26, 2015 at 2:18:30 PM UTC-6, wrote:

You could get one of those little LED type lights that clip on and
shone on your work would do a great job.

Ooo! I could have a stitching cap! I could get one of those base-ball type caps with LEDs in the brim and wear it whenever I stitch. It would be really cool when I'm stitching on an airplane and look up to tell the flight attendant what beverage I'd like! Fun!

I'm half kidding. And half not.

A woman, in her 90s, who plays bridge at our club has a headband with
a lamp on it. Rather like an old fashioned miners lamp arrangement.
She just needs that extra light on her cards.

So whatever it takes ~ just try around until you find the solution.

I resemble that remark! (Actually, we live out in the country, and I wear one at
night when doing chores... much easier than carrying a flashlight around.)
I also use it when I'm checking our diabetic dog's blood glucose...
it's very difficult to see a tiny drop of blood on black dog elbows without it.

Another possibility, though heavy on the technology, is
using a webcam to either show your work on a monitor, enlarged,
or project an enlargement of the chart you're working on. Or both.

Kay