Old September 7th 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

Default To read or not to read ... that is the question.

Debra wrote:
It's plenty easy enough to tell by the author
column of a news reader program that it is the troll and not a usual
poster.

It's not always that easy. I use Mozilla Thunderbird. In the "Sender"
column, I see the screen names, not the e-mail ID; for example, messages
from me say "Julia in MN", yours shows up as "Debra". The recent troll
used screen names of some of the regulars around here, so it was hard to
tell from that. However, when I opened a troll message, I could see that
the e-mail address in the "From" field was unfamiliar, so I could choose
at that point to go on to the next message. When I did come across a
"troll" message, it was easy to set up a filter so that I wouldn't see
another one from the same e-mail.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/