Old January 26th 10, 07:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Abrasha

Default what is this watch

Peter Lowrie wrote:
Here's a long-shot

Despite months of searching, even at the Cyma website, I have not been able
to find information about my watch. It's a CYMA Rubisaphir, gold, onyx and
diamond mens dress/formal digital chronometer.

I've put it up for auction on ebay for a fraction of it's value in the hope
I may find information. No such luck.

Here's a link:
www.ebay.com auction number 170434833785

Any information will be readily absorbed in this forum, thank you.

:-} Peter

I quote from the auction: "Only a couple of hundred were made.
Information on it is hard to come by."

If "information is hard to come by", how do you know that "only a couple
of hundred were made"? What is the source of that information?

I would think that a watch on auction with a starting bid of $8,999.00
(cute figure), and a reserve to boot, would have some information available.

And than you make this claim: "an old 286 computer with SCSI hard
disks". SCSI was never used on 286 computers. This was the domain of
Apple.

The 286 microprocessor was introduced by Intel in 1982, followed by the
386 in 1985.

SCSI was not commonly used until after its standardization in 1986, and
has been commonly used in the Amiga, Apple Macintosh and Sun
Microsystems computer lines and PC server systems. Never in a 286 machine.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com