Old November 7th 08, 04:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
midi73

Default What sells best at a craft show for you?

On Nov 4, 5:16*pm, Patti wrote:
On Nov 2, 3:39*pm, midi73 wrote:

I was just wondering (since the time is here again) what sells best at
craft shows for you guys. *I'm talking local craft shows.

For me it seems to be handmade bead rings from either brass, plated
wire or copper using czech fire polish beads or glow in the dark
beads. *Inexpensive but cute and people really seem to like them. At
times during a slow show they have paid my booth expense.

These outsell any gemstone bead ring more than 30 to 1. *Interesting
but perhaps because the gemstone bead rings are more expensive and
made from Sterling Silver or 14KGF materials.

Average price of individual product purchase is about $5.

How about your areas? *I'm in central Washington state.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Sylvia

Gemstone earrings have always sold best for me in terms of numbers.
In terms of dollar sales, probably dichroic glass pendants and
gemstone necklaces. In all depends on what kind of show it is and what
time of year.- Hide quoted text -

Interesting isn't it? What sells when and where.
Everyone here loves the dichro pendants too--but here at least it's
hard to get anyone to go for anything very expensive. Our local
"handmade" craft shows have really turned into a venue for people
selling Cookie Lee jewelry and other purchased items. Too bad.

Thanks for your thoughts. It's nice to know what goes on in the rest
of the country. :-)
Sylvai