Old August 11th 04, 04:06 PM
Marisa2

Yeah, I think so.

marisa

Christina Peterson wrote:

The little spring steel ones that clip open and shut? Those are the only
kind I'd put in my hair, also the kind that work best for baby fine hair.
Alligator clips would be uncomfortable, damaging to hair, and unattractive.

Tina

"Marisa2" wrote in message
. com...

Maybe I'm confused.

The ones my mom made me weren't hair wraps. They were barretes with
ribbons woven on top (looked like a little braid to me) and streamers of
thin ribbon (two ribbons or four, can't remember) hanging strait down,
with beads at the end.
For a 5 year old these seemed really fun and princess-like

marisa

~Candace~ wrote:

I never used a clip for a hair wrap--I always knotted it directly to the
hair! I suppose the clip would be useful for someone who doesn't want

keep the hair wrap for more than a day or so, cause I always kept mine

in

for about 3 weeks at a time. LOL Now I wanna go do a couple hair wraps

with

charms at the end.

"Marisa2" wrote in message
gy.com...

Wouldn't alligator clips get caught in people's hair?

My mom used to make me things something like that (when I was in
kindergarden!). They had ribbons woven across the tops of the
barrettes, and the ribbons hung down and were ended in pony beads. The
little metal barrettes she used I think I have seen in sewing shops.

marisa2

biig wrote:

Recently I was in West Edmonton Mall and saw a kiosk that sold (for
20.00)Clips that girls put in their hair....they had a small alligator
clip with a cord about a foot long, wrapped in coloured string??, with

few beads for decoration. Does anyone know where I can buy these
clips..it seems that it would be a good seller at the fall craft shows.
At a more reasonable price too....thanks...Sharon in SW Ontario Canada

--

Teva Yafae Original Designs
inspired by nature

For unique jewelry or apparel, or to learn about having your
own Jewelry home-party or children's party, please visit:

http://www.tevayafae.com

--