Old July 1st 07, 04:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Ken Sterling

Default A Sewing Machine For The Workshop

Singer made a heavy duty machine that was designed for canvas and
leather, with a foot that rotates so you can aim the needle anyway you
want. We bought one for $75. It is foot powered, but many of them
were motorized. It is a very basic machine; no zigzag, etc..

Pete Stanaitis
-------------------------

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

On occasion I find myself needing to create items for the home
workshop that require a sewing machine.

I am looking for recommendations in what to look for in a sewing
machine that will handle a number of differnet materials (canvas,
cotton, thin leather)

Any suggestions?

Any suggested machines?

Thanks