Old April 5th 05, 04:04 PM
Ted Frater

Charlie wrote:
I give up! I can only find this stuff from one place and they want to sell
me a kilo at a time (at £101 for the privilege)! I only need a cup or two
for now just to see how this etching silver thing works and hopefully make a
few birthday and Christmas presents!

Can anyone shed some light on a good UK supplier that will sell me just a
little and not try and rip me off?

Charlie.

Are you sure you want ferric nitrate?
Because its ferric chloride thats used in the printed circuit board
industry to selectively remove the copper to make the circuit tracks.
to speed this up they may well use a reverse plating current. If you
want to etch out or through metal theres lots of different ways to do this.
you need to do a lot more research before you throw money at your ideas.
hope you get on ok with this project.