Old July 4th 03, 02:31 PM
Mike Firth

If the scratches are so minor that your fingernail does not catch on them,
then a mild abrasive, including toothpaste might be able to reduce or
eliminate them. However, any polishing compound is going to have to be
applied with a wet felt wheel moving fast enough to be very interesting to
either handle or hold the screen against.
If I remember the early part of this thread correctly, you have a ruined
screen where you used steel wool to remove the damaged plastic antiglare
screen and scratched the glass. Give up, buy a replacement tube or
replacement monitor.

--
Mike Firth
Hot Glass Bits Furnace Working Website
"hotish" wrote in message
m...
I guess an area of magnification is better then what i am seeing
now...

The monitor I have is a great monitor so i dont wanna go for some
cheap $10 used 15" monitor..

I seriously doubt that toothpaste will fix the problem...anymore
ideas?

Thanks...

(Bart V) wrote in message

Try polishing it with toothpaste, sometimes works. Used monitors sell
for as little as $10...
Bart.

tinnitus, custom compensated bridges,
tabs, stained glass:
www.haruteq.com

**may your moments of need be met by moments of compassion**