Old December 22nd 07, 05:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lobo

Default what batt for fluffy quilt?

"Debra" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 17:42:58 -0700, "Lobo" wrote:
I'm making a quilt that's going to get washed, slept on by cats & dogs,
taken to football games, etc., so I am planning to tie it. The giftee
also

snip

Sounds like you want something that will hold up to hard wear without
much work and it doesn't quite work that way. I'd suggest a medium
loft polyester batting and machine tack every 4-5 inches apart. If
you really love the tied look you can add ties wherever you wish, or
run the tieing cord under the machine tacking threads.

You are so right! No ... I don't love the tied look. I just want to finish
the quilt quickly. Machine tacking is a great idea. Thank you!
Lobo
Delete the obvious to reply to me personally.