Old August 22nd 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default knitting smarter was Knitting speed ??

I wrote a long answer but deleted it , Nobody ever drilled me in
reading , swimming or knitting , all came naturally, because i loved
it , was curious enough to learn, and in all i am doing fine, and hope
to do it as long as i can .
mirjam

wrote:

When I learned to read, there were planned drills to improve my reading
speed, planned drills to improve my reading comprehension, planned drills to
improve my reading endurance - and there was lots of reading for fun. It
worked, I am still a pretty good reader, and I still plan drills to improve
my reading skills.

When I learned to swim, there were drills for speed, drills for endurance,
drills for holding my breath, and swimming for fun. There have been some
times when I just had to swim for it, but the drills paid off, and each time
I made it.

Sure I knit for fun, but I also plan drills to improve my knitting, just as
I still plan drills to improve my other skills. After all, someday I just
might have to knit for it.
Aaron

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
For Me ANY Knitting related activity is both learning and both
knitting , i can`t and won`t measure which part or how many percentage
of the knitting is learning or `actually ` doing it.

I don`t know how you learned to read or swim but for me the more i do
those the better i am at doing them. For me knitting is in my mind,
and in my heart and in my muscles it is every where in my body.
mirjam

Hurray for learning!

20% of my "Knitting time" is for "learning knitting," and not "Knitting"
In the end, I knit better and get more knitting done.

Aaron