Old August 1st 17, 03:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Carol S.[_3_]

Default Anyone in MN?

On Saturday, January 14, 2017 at 2:13:06 PM UTC-6, Janie wrote:
Hello everyone! So glad to see a group of stitchers with a few recent posts. I started a google group call SE Minnesota Stitchers but have no idea how to find people who would be interested. This is the only active stitching group I can even find...hand stitching seems to be either a dying art or an art practiced in isolation. If any of you have ideas about how to meet other stitchers in my area, please let me know.

Janie

Hi Janie--

There are SEVERAL stitching groups in the the Twin Cities. Both the Embroiderer's Guild of America and the American Needlepoint Guild have chapters here. There is also the Needlework Guild of Minnesota and Ladyslippers, which are independent groups not affiliated with national organizations. There is a chapter of the International Lace Society. There is also an information group that has organized on Facebook. NONE of them have membership fees of $150. Not sure what group you were looking at that has dues that high. Trust me, there are PLENTY of stitchers in Minnesota.