Old September 6th 09, 04:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default Skinny quilter chairs

On Sep 6, 9:48*am, Sandy wrote:
In article
,

*John wrote:

Once years ago I took Mother with me to Paducah. After spending a day
around quilters she said, "You all look alike." Indeed, looking around
the room the majority of us were wearing denim skirts or pants with
either a patchwork vest or decorated sweatshirt jacket. Most were
wearing an extra large size but a few were more likely 2X. Hair color
and styles varied but required little maintenance. Shoes were
practical.

Glad somebody else said the above. If I had mentioned any of that, it
would have precipitated a feminist flame war.

John

DH says much the same thing -- he can't believe how many quilters are
"fluffy". Of course, I remind him that many of the fellows who hang out
at the sports book to watch the games are equally well-padded.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sw.foster1 (at) gmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious)http://www.sandymike.net

In looking around the midwest I have noticed that the locals, both men
and women, have a larger amount of, shall we say, presence, than was
showing out in California. I always figured it was the indoor winter
months, spent eating and not getting as much exercise, that caused the
lack of "Girth Control". California seemed to be more obsessed with
appearances, than back here, also. With the more temperate climate,
people could get out and engage in sports and recreational activities,
to a greater degree, than back here. The other thing that I have
noticed, is the much higher incidence of Diabetes, here in the
midwest. I think that is another byproduct of the ever expanding
waistlines, and eating choices.

John