Old March 14th 09, 04:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn,alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Butterflywings

Default any one working on a project

Still working on my son's Name afghan. Each 'name section' is 32 rows long.
Figured out the name chart on my own. His name is done in variegated blues
with a dark blue background, all in single crochet. He's pleased with it.
Hopefully, I'll have it done by Christmas 2009.

Also, working on putting together a knitted sampler of squares, rectangles,
etc, of the sample pieces I've done over the years. It's now big enuf for to
be an afghan. Done in shades of blue and green

Butterfly (mainly lurker at this point in time)

"Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...
Olwyn.Mary wrote:

Then I'm taking a break and sewing some to beef up my work wardrobe
before I go back to knitting, at which time I am going to do a cotton
sweater that I don't have the yarn for yet.

Samantha!! I thought you worked from home. Have you changed jobs
without telling us???????

(Cross-posting to alt.sewing and RCTS because I don't think I ever got
around to telling everybody there, either, and I might as well say it to
everybody all at once)

I still work part-time from home, but I periodically lose accounts and the
pay has finally dropped to the point where I can no longer afford to work
at what the new accounts want to pay me, so last year when I lost over
half my work (three separate people I was subbing for) all at once and
didn't feel like I could take another 30% pay cut after having taken a 40%
pay cut in 2004, I started looking for in-house jobs. After six months of
sending resumes, telephone interviews, and in-person interviews, I finally
found a full-time, in-house job 4 miles from my house with moderately
flexible scheduling (I have to put in 40 hours per week any time between
8:45 am and 6 pm M through F -- no weekends, paid holidays, and a paid
vacation, which three things feel like heaven). I absolutely DETEST
getting up and going to work in the morning (that is, especially after I
have already done my part-time, at-home work) and being gone for that
long, and my little dog (who I might not have gotten if I had known that I
was going to end up going out to work two months after I got her) misses
me terribly while I'm gone, but if the job fairy had come down and given
me the best job I could have realistically gotten, she couldn't have found
anything better. But the schedule is grueling and after six months on the
job (I get a half-hour lunch break and several days a week I spend it
knitting because there isn't enough time to go anywhere or do anything) I
still haven't figured out how to pack a decent lunch and I still can't
keep my focus for 8 hours straight, but I am getting better.

It's still transcribing medical records, but instead of listening to audio
recordings all day, I transcribe from the doctors notes, cribbing from the
patient's previous visit note. This is TONS better than transcribing from
audio all day long, a lot more mentally stimulating, and a lot less
stressful on the old borderline RSI problems.