Old March 1st 09, 08:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Jman

Default Market for imperfect gemstones?

On Feb 27, 9:03*pm, "Don T" wrote:
*http://www.original-diamonds.com/edu...e_diamonds.php

*These are the browns that come from Australia. Several links on that page
that I didn't explore but after several postings no-one seemed aware of the
Australian browns and the marketing strategy which changed rather common and
not so desirable brown stones into a good profit scheme.

--

Don Thompson
...snip...

Hmmmm, that is rather odd. Some of the pricing structure of different
vendors is waaay off the map, it seems. I found a few of the 'raw
diamonds' that I was looking for (locally) and they wanted an arm and
part of a leg for them..... I don't believe I'll be using them for a
project in the very near future due to their present cost. I think
maybe I'll head on over the the Lapidary shop and pick up some
different types of rock and stones to experiment with instead. It's
mind boggling how many stones, metals and rocks are available in those
places now....

Cheers,

/FC....