Old August 26th 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

Default Best batting for baby quilt - polyester or cotton

I had a request from my son for a puffy quilt, suitable fo putting on the
floor. Soooo, my thought was to make a poly quilt, it is really puffy and
very cool. I am also going to make a cotton batting quilt for a blanket. I
am also going to make a smaller "blankie" that will just fit over the baby
when being held. Then, I have been thinking of making.....LOL

Love the idea of a grandbaby to make things for.

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

"Tutu Haynes-Smart" wrote in message
Hi all

I really need your help here - I am out of my depth. Very good friend has
just become a grandmother and asked me to make a baby quilt for her new
grandson. Now, babies - let alone baby quilts - are not my favourite
things - so I am swimming in deep water vbg.

I have made what is probably a totally unsuitable top (hoffman panel with
bears and ducks and other stuff) and made it a bit larger with a final
border of scrapy four patches. The back is my interpretation of a baby
quilt 12 x 14 3" rail fence blocks in barn-raising layout in shades of
blue yellow and turqoise with a large turqoise border around the outside
to make is the same size (more or less) as the front.

Now to my question:

Is cotton or poly batt better - and why?

I have both and don't quite know what to do next. The quilt will be used
in England if temparatures make a difference.

Help ....

--
Cheers for now
Tutu