Old August 26th 07, 08:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

Default Best batting for baby quilt - polyester or cotton

In article ,
"Tutu Haynes-Smart" wrote:

I'm tending more and more to cotton - are there ANY downsides??

I think the worst downside is that a quilt with cotton batting weighs
more than one with poly. But that is relatively minor. Also, don't
forget that in case of fire (which we all hope doesn't happen, of
course), poly *melts* and can cause worse damage to the human body than
cotton, which burns cleanly.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)