Old August 7th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Johanna Gibson

Default OT - Weather in Scotland, Ireland & Wales

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 17:31:05 -0500, "Sherry Starr"
wrote:

Which months would be the best to visit Scotland, Ireland, & Wales? DH & I
are looking into a nice trip in 2007 or possibly late this year. This is
one of the ones we are interested in. We were thinking late April, but we
don't know. We can go anytime.

Sherry Starr

For Scotland, I recommend May. It's fairly warm (you won't need a
big coat) but the midges aren't out yet. If you visit Scotland in
June, July or August, I can guarantee midges - small flying insects
that bite, and leave a very itchy welt.
I've never been to Ireland or Wales, sadly, so can't speak about
their weather.
If you go to http://community.webshots.com/user/Jo_in_Scotland you
can see some views of the weather and what sort of clothing we were
wearing, when we were on the west coast of Scotland and the Isle of
Skye in late May this year - check out the Isle of Skye folder.

-- Jo in Scotland