Old January 19th 04, 12:42 PM
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

"Carol In WI" verbositized:

I've noticed that certain people, when they post, end up showing up 2 to 3
times in a row, with in a few minutes. Isn't their a virus that does that?
Carol In WI

Occasional Net Lag is one of the causes. I don't know the right
terminology to say it properly, but in essence, as messages pass
through the hubs they are received in one side and sent back out the
other. From what I understand, if they happen to hit two hubs at
exactly the same split second (rare) a duplicate with a different
identifier could end up being propagated.
But the common cause is from the originating server not getting an
echo back that the post was received, thinking the original packet
collided with another and was lost, it generates a new one with a
different identifier.
Then there is human error to consider also!
Many of us are in the habit of 'double clicking' and some newsreaders
can actually pick up on that double click and send the same message
twice or send a blank message as the second post.
And some ISP's get the hiccups!G.

TTUL
Gary