Old November 14th 04, 11:51 PM

Default lamps/lighting

Today I found a box containing a lamp I purchased some years ago. Long
enough ago to have forgotten where I bought it. I do remember the woman
I bought it from made the lamp herself, in fact she had a whole line of
them. Anyway, the wiring is not coated with insulation. They're just
exposed copper wire with a plug attached at the end.

I'm nervous about plugging it in and possibly causing a short in the
electricity, which is probably why it's been sitting, un-used on the
shelf. If it is safe to use, as is, why doesn't it short out? I
thought if the two wires touched, that is what happens. Can someone
explain this to me and assure me that it _is_ safe to use, as it is a
beautiful piece.

Thanks,
smo