Old July 17th 07, 02:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jeri

Default Funny name Copy Right ??? because it really means ...

BettyJ wrote:
I know I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box, and I make a joke out
of anything serious, but this is how I view copyright. It's hard, but
I will try to be serious for a few seconds..
To me copyrighting is wrong when one takes another's design and calls
it their own and not giving the really owner his due.Taking what I
have bought, and sell it (because I no longer need or want) say at a
yard sale, to me is not wrong.

You're right, it's not wrong. You can legally sell, lend, give away, throw
away, burn, fold, spindle, or mutilate the ORIGINAL pattern. The only thing
you may not do is make a copy. (I'm not talking about working copies which
are for your own use while you keep the original.)

If I make something and give it away,
it is not wrong. I am not claiming that the pattern is mine, made by
me, even thought the finished item was made by me.

I doubt this would be considered a copyright violation either as long as you
weren't selling the item.
--
Jeri
"You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because