Old August 7th 17, 09:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

Default New stash!

On 7/26/2017 9:38 PM, Violet Stitches wrote:

One thing I've done to cut down on space is to not store threads anymore...I just buy what I need at the time for each project and then get rid of the leftovers. I'm always afraid I'm going to run out of the old half-used skeins in the middle of a project and not get a good color match with a new skein. So now I throw out threads after a project is finished and it saves much space. The only problem; I miss seeing all those beautiful threads and petting them for creative inspiration.

If you're using DMC or Anchor floss, there's no problem with keeping
skeins for years (except for a few colors a number of years ago with DMC
when they had to change their formulas for environmental reasons). I
have floss that's probably 20 years old and they're still the same color
as newer skeins.

So don't throw away those floss skeins! Keep them for petting or
choosing colors for changing a design if nothing else.

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown