Old August 7th 05, 05:37 PM
AliceW

The most I can recommend right now is to work from the upper floors down,
and in rooms, work from the ceilings down. Store what you can in either the
basement or garage so clutter of boxes does not present barriers and
improves the flow of "positive chi" as my DD would say.

Paint first, carpet second when at all possible. Remember, take-out food is
your friend. Have soothing music on in the background. Take deep cleansing
breaths throughout the day, and drink a nice glass of chilled wine every
evening! Get a good nights sleep. Rise early, and repeat as often as
needed.

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

"DrQuilter" wrote in message
: Sounds good! Good luck to your daughter with her new life in the new
: house! I wish my parents were here to help us pack and move! And keep
: Sofi out of the way... she tries to help, and puts random things into
: the boxes when we are not looking! )
:
: I am looking forward to doing stuff like that in my new place!
: Thankfully I also have beautiful original wooden floors from the 50s,
: and mine are staying exposed. I looked long and hard for a house wihtout
: carpet and I found it, not an inch of it except for the loft above the
: garage, but I am changing that ASAP! The only other thing that needs to
: be done (besides painting the bedrooms in colours more of our taste) is
: replacing the cabinet and paiting the wall behind the mirror in the
: bath. Cosmetic really. A good trip to IKEA, Lowe's or Home Depot should
: take care of most of what we need. Except I don't have 'skilled' friends
: like your daughter.. ours are all science nerds with almost no knowledge
: of practical things.. I am an outlayer because of my quilting/crafting
: abilities! )
:
: BTW, can you come up with a plan for our moving? I am not sure what to
: do and in what order...
:
: AliceW wrote:
: Well, we finally spent a full day at the new house doing some prep work
for
: the DD and DGS to move in.
:
:
: (...)
:
: I started pulling up the carpeting in the upstairs bedrooms, hallway and
: stairs. It exposed wonderful original wood planked floors.
:
: She was getting pretty overwhelmed by the whole process and had no idea
: where to start. As a project manager at work, I designed a flexible
plan
: for her which made sense and let her work on one room at a time.
: --
: Dr. Quilter
: http://community.webshots.com/user/mvignali
: (take the dog out for a walk)