Old August 7th 05, 05:26 PM
DrQuilter

Sounds good! Good luck to your daughter with her new life in the new
house! I wish my parents were here to help us pack and move! And keep
Sofi out of the way... she tries to help, and puts random things into
the boxes when we are not looking! )

I am looking forward to doing stuff like that in my new place!
Thankfully I also have beautiful original wooden floors from the 50s,
and mine are staying exposed. I looked long and hard for a house wihtout
carpet and I found it, not an inch of it except for the loft above the
garage, but I am changing that ASAP! The only other thing that needs to
be done (besides painting the bedrooms in colours more of our taste) is
replacing the cabinet and paiting the wall behind the mirror in the
bath. Cosmetic really. A good trip to IKEA, Lowe's or Home Depot should
take care of most of what we need. Except I don't have 'skilled' friends
like your daughter.. ours are all science nerds with almost no knowledge
of practical things.. I am an outlayer because of my quilting/crafting
abilities! )

BTW, can you come up with a plan for our moving? I am not sure what to
do and in what order...

AliceW wrote:
Well, we finally spent a full day at the new house doing some prep work for
the DD and DGS to move in.

(...)

I started pulling up the carpeting in the upstairs bedrooms, hallway and
stairs. It exposed wonderful original wood planked floors.

She was getting pretty overwhelmed by the whole process and had no idea
where to start. As a project manager at work, I designed a flexible plan
for her which made sense and let her work on one room at a time.

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)