Old October 21st 09, 12:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

Default Attn: Mirjam ....

Hi Mirjam,

I hope you are well, and enjoying nice weather. I have a bit of a problem
and thought if anyone I know could help me solve it, it would be you.

A couple of weeks ago it was quite chilly here and I recalled a shawl my
mother had knitted for me about twenty years ago. I wasn't sure if I still
had it, but I do!

Anyway, when I brought it down from the top of the cupboard it was hard to
unfold because the fibers seemed to be sticking to one another. I washed
it, then re-washed it with some baking soda in the water. It's still
sticking to itself.

Have you ever heard of this? Do you have any idea how I can restore the
shawl. It's really lovely and I would love to be able to use it, again.

Thanks,
Murielle