Old April 15th 05, 05:38 AM
Sharon Harper

Polly, I am eternally grateful to whoever/whatever it was that got dad
through this cancer and his operations. I don't know what I'd have done if
I'd lost him. Regarding the "everything is fine" face - that's all I hear
of. I phone them each day, to make sure they are doing okay, if they need
anything, just how life is in general. All I get is how well dad is doing,
how great he is, how much he is eating and drinking (even if she does feed
him too much junk food for my liking) and how everything is fine. If she'd
say "no, I'm not coping, dad's not eating, he's throwing up every day" if
that was what was occuring - I'd be happy to know, because maybe then I
could do something to help.

Anyway. Thanks for listening to me whining.

Queen of Down Under
quicker)

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...
Yes, Sharon. They do. Families hurt. Muster up whatever you can to be

glad
that they may be able to visit ex-neighbors or get away to the beach. I
kind of sense that they don't feel up to putting a "everything is fine"

face
on for you and the little ones. That's a hard one to call. And we know it

is
very hard for you. Sending hugs, Polly

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
At least you guys have mothers who *want* to visit you. I asked my mum

when
she and dad were going to visit (oh - he's doing sooooooo much better

now.
Thank y'all for your prayers and thoughts - they worked!) now that he's
better and in response to her comment of "Dad doesn't want to go back to
just staying at home, he wants to get out to places while he can". Her
response "Well we want to go to Queensland to see Peg and Michael (their
ex-next door neighbours) first and we really want to just get away to

the
beach where we can sit and do nothing". The beach part I'm fine with

but
visiting ex-neighbours before you'd see your family? That hurts.

Queen of Down Under
quicker)

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
ups.com...
NightMist- I enjoyed reading the post of your very "exciting" trip to
pay your electric bill.... in the sense that it was very entertaining
and I was relieved it wasn't me going thru that ridiculous mess. I
will do my best to wish it to be last Saturday for you, but I must
confess right now it's never worked for me, so far.....

Good luck getting yourself prepared for the visit and I wish you the
stamina to survive it. I sympathize. I have a mother and she also
creates havoc (if I read your post correctly???) when she visits. Not
necessarily bad, just a turmoil.

Huggles and sloppy doggy breath kisses on the way to you.

Leslie (Mrs. Collins!!!) and The Furbabies in MO.