Old January 26th 16, 04:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default The Prairie Flower Quilt

Hello All,
This is the quilt I am working on now. It has 4 -5 inch print squares and 4-5 inch contrasting squares. A white 5 inch square goes in the center of row two. You use 16- 2 3/4 inch white squares for snowballing(I use a pencil to mark the line on the snowball squares to opposite corners,before sewing, then trim to 1/4 in). The first 4 prints I snowball two opposite corners, the 2nd contrasting 4 prints I snowball one side twice, this makes a (flying geese). To assemble: Take the two prints and sew a contrasting(flying geese) print in the center, that is 1st row. 2nd row sew two contrasting prints(flying geese) to the white 5 inch square. 3rd row, sew the other two prints on each side of a contrasting(flying geese) print. Make sure the center row #2 seams go toward the center and the other two rows seams go toward the outside. I use 2 1/2 inch sashing between blocks and rows and outside inner border all are white. The outer border is 5 1/2 inches. I hope these instructions help. It does make a pretty quilt, especially using scrappy prints. Sorry no pictures.
Sandy$
Material needed to make 1 block:
4-5 inch prints
4-5 inch contrasting prints (Note: These are really small prints or solids)
1-5 inch white for the center
16- 2 3/4 inch squares for snowballing