Old August 18th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit
Sue

Default colour changers

Thanks, Rowan. Makes sense. Will try!

--
Derby, England.

Don't try to email me using "REPLY" as the email address is NoSpam. Our
email address is "thewoodies2 at ntlworld dot com"

"Rowan" wrote in message
Ah ok, Im not very up on Brother but I found this on a forum, hope it
helps:

Hi , the KR-830 is a double bed colour changer.But you can use it for
knitting on the main bed only.
Stocking stitch , Slipstitch and Tuck stitch but not fairisle
You need to set up machine with the ribber in place.
Attach the ribber coupling arm or connector.
Connect the colour changer and masts as indicated in the manual.
To use for stocking stitch knitting
1.Knit in rib with waste yarn( you need to have the ribber combs and
weights in play)
2. lower the front ribber bed to the lowest postion, BUT keep the ribber
arm still connected
3. Transfer the stitches to the main bed.
4.Knit in waste yarn (For closed edge use nylon cord and then crochet cast
on)
5. Start knitting in your main yarn and changing colours as per stripe
sequence.
6.Note you can only have stripes in multiples of two as yarn is changed on
the left side.

assumably for stocking stitch, read tuck stitch if thats what youre using
: )
Good Luck