Old April 6th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default artwork to digitizer

Ok, I know just about enough to get myself into trouble. Here's the
situation. A friend asked me if I knew someone who could draw a logo for
her golf league to have stitched on their shirts. I said no, until I saw
what she wants. She just wants to have the words "Brown Deer Golf" with the
O's made into the symbol for woman. That shouldn't be too difficult to do,
huh? Just find a font and add the little stick body and arms. I think I
need it to be a "clean copy", just black and white for the digitizer. I
have the Bernina software, but I'm not sure that would be the way to prepare
it for an outside digitizer. Here I have all these great tools, programs
etc, yet this project that should be simple is getting the best of me.
I would like to use several fonts and print them out for her league members
to choose from. Any and all suggestions would be welcome. I'm not quite
ready to punt this, I can be stubborn at times...this in one. I think I
have all the computer ingredients to do this..."paint", "word", "Artista",
"Paint Shop Pro", and maybe others I don't know about.
Any ideas??? thanks!
KJ