Old February 20th 10, 09:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Jack Schmidling

Default Silver Blueing

I was wondering when Peter would pop in and sort it all out.

Thanks for that explanation of the probable cause of the problem. I
don't claim to understand it all but at least it fits the situation.

At the very least, it reminded me of the pickling solution that I have
been looking at for several years. I don't even remember what it is
other than something I bought from a swimming pool supplier.

I put about 2" in a beaker and heated it in the MO and put one fork in
it for a most of a day. I kept looking at it and nothing ever
changed. I gave it up and rinsed it off under water but when I wiped
it with a towel, it was shiny and bright and still is after a few
days.

It probably won't last but when given ways to solve a problem, I
always start with the simplest.

I have been getting group postings in my email using the email
option. This is good but disappointing that one can not respond in
email and have to come to the web to respond. Better than nothing I
guess.

Thanks for your help. I have a follow up question but will save that
for another posting.

Jack