Old March 24th 12, 10:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Magic Mood Jeep

Default What are you stitching?

On 3/23/2012 1:18 PM, ndjoan wrote:
Since I was whining about no one posting, I suppose I could at least get
something started! lol

As I posted before, I started on Keslyn Designs' "My day complete" and
was having trouble with it. I'm happy to report that it's been going
much better as of late, until I ran out of floss. That's been reordered
and I rec'd it yesterday.

While I was waiting for it to come, I started on a project for DS#2.

Background story: A couple years ago he gave me a few random skeins of
floss for Christmas (I didn't tell him I already have the entire set!
). They were some fairly bright colors...orange, green, turquoise,
yellow and 2 skeins of Fluorescent Effects. He said I could make him
something out of them. I thought to myself, what could I make with
*those* colors?!?!? I wandered around Google one day and saw a hot air
balloon and thought that might work. So I made it into a pattern.

So that's the project I worked on and will now put it aside to finish
the Keslyn one, which just has the 4 corners of the main motif and the
lettering left.

"A STITCHER'S HEART" by Little House Needlework's
http://www.littlehouseneedleworks.com/newpatterns.html
came with Crescent Colors floss, and the trim (special dyed for this
project), and a chart from Shakespeare's Peddler that uses the same flosses!

Also have 2 current knitting projects: 1)a shrug knitted with circular
needles from one cuff, up the sleeve, opening up for the back/body of
the project, then closing up again for the other sleeve & cuff, then you
pick up the edges and do a k2p2 ribbed edging for the body all the way
around. I have one sleeve done and about 1/4 the back/body. 2) the
second sock to my second (ever) pair of home-made/hand-knitted socks!
I'm making the leg(s) longer than my first pair so they will come up
higher on my calf (or I can 'scrunch' them around my ankles). and I am
also reversing the direction of the pattern (self patterning/striping
yarn) on each sock - just to be different

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY