Old March 24th 10, 07:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Nobody

Default making patterns

nelson wrote:
On Mar 19, 3:21 pm, "BEI Design" wrote:
nelson wrote:
years ago i bought a book, about making patterns from
clothes you like, cant remember the name of it right
now.
but, if you already have sewing knowledge so that you
know what has to be cut on the bias, straight grain,
etc..you can pretty much lay out your pants, top,
whatever, get the sections as flat as you can, trace
around the piece then just add your seam allowance. I
have had mixed results, but its works most of the
time.

I don't know if that is a question or a random
statement.

Here are some links with information on tracing off RTW
create a pattern:

http://www.taunton.com/threads/pages/th_120_056.asp

http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-...eview.pl?ID=83

excuse me, i was wrinting in response to a prev.post. at
any rate i found the book,'Making Patterns from Finished
Clothes', by Rusty Bensussen. it has served me well.

And yet, you failed to quote ANY of that "prev.post" to
indicate that your message was a response to someone else's
question or comment.

P.S. Your shift key is apparently broken, it seems to
function erratically.

HTH,

~N~