Old March 24th 10, 03:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
nelson

Default making patterns

On Mar 19, 3:21*pm, "BEI Design"
wrote:
nelson wrote:
years ago i bought a book, about making patterns from
clothes you like, cant remember the name of it right now.
but, if you already have sewing knowledge so that you
know what has to be cut on the bias, straight grain,
etc..you can pretty much lay out your pants, top,
whatever, get the sections as flat as you can, trace
around the piece then just add your seam allowance. I
have had mixed results, but its works most of the time.

I don't know if that is a question or a random statement.

Here are some links with information on tracing off RTW to
create a pattern:

http://www.taunton.com/threads/pages/th_120_056.asp

http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-...eview.pl?ID=83

excuse me, i was wrinting in response to a prev.post. at any rate i
found the book,'Making Patterns from Finished Clothes', by Rusty
Bensussen. it has served me well.