Old June 20th 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.polymer-clay

Default I survived the Bead and Button Show

Carla,

So sorry to have missed you! And Maren - had no idea she was in Chicago!
I was supposed to have been in Chicago on Saturday, but that got
cancelled. I spent a couple of hours at the show that morning, then had
to leave for the family obligation that nixed my Chicago trip.

The show is overwhelming - I was glad to ahve had an extra couple of
hours on Saturday, in addition to Thursday night and Sunday afternoon.

Barbara

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting with site builder and 50 apps? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com.

Carla wrote:

...but I was only there on Saturday, shopping

So many sparklies, I forgot to even check folks' nametages, to look
for rcb'ers, although I did speak (very briefly) with Grant
Diffendaffer, and got to see his polyclay work in person; absolutely
stunning.

That much beadstuff in one place was, in a word, overwhelming. I
actually spent less money than I planned simply because there were
*too* many choices; silly me, I found it hard to make decisions about
what I wanted

The real high point of the weekend for me, though, was getting to
spend Friday afternoon with Maren Purves, who was here in Chicago. We
talked, we laughed, we shared "Death by Chocolate" And it's always
great to put a face with the name from someone here. We were supposed
to hook up with Patti, too, but couldn't get in touch with her before
Maren had to leave to get to the airport.

It was a good weekend, I'm exhausted

Cheers,
Carla