Old May 29th 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay

Default products--whats new?

I tried a clay extruder gun. Got so frustrated, I threw it away...then
got it out of the garbage and tried again...then threw it away. Oh well
Then I went online and ordered a different brand with a screw-type
plunger that should be here in the next couple of days.

I'm going through one of my clay books "Faux Surfaces in Polymer Clay",
by Irene Semanchuk Dean, with a plan to try one mix each week. I do
stuff like this when I "lose my creativity", just practice new techniques.

Cheers,
Carla

Sarajane Helm wrote:
What have you tried recently with polymer clay that you hadnt before?

I really like the new Krylon plastics spray paint. Its great for covering
base peices of mosaic/collage work, whether extruded or formed plastic or on
foam or cardboard. I see there's also a "mystic prism" spray thats clear
with a diffraction effect---gotta get some of that, I think! Kathy Dewey
used the white plastics spray on wires to coat them for use in tiny
armatures---like making your own telephine wires, only whatever size and
color you want.