Old May 15th 04, 08:23 PM
Dr. Sooz

Debbie, avoiding meds for the pain isn't therapeutic. Trust me, I know.

~ Enduring pain as a virtue is a myth. It's very bad for your body, and your
health. It creates more stress, which in turn creates worse health.

~ If you put up with pain, feeling it instead of masking it, you can end up
with fibromyalgia or other neurological problems. It's pointless to suffer,
unless you want to get sicker. It's better for you, long term and short term,
to be a bit woozy than in pain.

~ If you don't take the meds at the first onset of the pain, it doesn't work
very well. You should take them at the first hint.

Being "tough" about one's pain is not wise. It's a myth perpetuated for years
and years, based on this country's Puritan founders' views. And those people
were crazy! Do you really want to do that? Be crazy?

Plus, people in pain are very hard on the ones who love them. If you won't do
it for yourself, do it for those around you.

maybe I could walk and laugh more.

~~snipped~~
haven't even taken any meds
for the pain. lol