Old October 10th 04, 09:05 PM
Pati Cook

I have also used fusible fleece for placemats. Just made a couple of table
runners and used Comfortloft batting. It is poly and very "flat", but gives a
bit of dimension for the quilting.
I also like to use Comfortloft for wallhangings because it is so light, makes
the WH easier to hang.

For anything that will be in direct contact with very hot pans and such you need
some cotton batting. I have made pot holders with both Warm and Natural and the
dreaded Mountain Mist cotton, at least 2 layer of either (one way to use the MM
that doesn't like to unroll in large pieces anyway.......) I have some
InsulBrite and it is a poly batt with a metallic layer in the middle. The poly
would probably melt if there wasn't a cotton batt layer to protect it.

Pati, in Phx

Pauline O'Connell wrote:

The only potholders I ever make, call for a layer of Insul Bright & 2 layers
of regular batting - one on each side of the Insul Bright. They are very
insulated & I haven't burned myself yet.

Re Tablerunners - Hobbs make a very lightweight batting called Thermore.
I've used it for placemats, so should also be good in a tablerunner.

Pauline

"Marlys in Indiana" wrote in message
What is your opinion on "batting" for tablerunners? I'm thinking that low
loft batting is even too thick. Also thought of light weight fleece or
flannel.
And for potholders/trivets I have the Insul Bright, but I thought I read

or
heard that you should also use a layer of batting as well. Is it really
necessary to use batting in them as well along with the Insul Bright?
Any and all ideas welcome. TIA
Marlys in Indiana

--

http://community.webshots.com/user/marletts