Old October 7th 04, 10:12 PM
Pauline O'Connell

The only potholders I ever make, call for a layer of Insul Bright & 2 layers
of regular batting - one on each side of the Insul Bright. They are very
insulated & I haven't burned myself yet.

Re Tablerunners - Hobbs make a very lightweight batting called Thermore.
I've used it for placemats, so should also be good in a tablerunner.

Pauline

"Marlys in Indiana" wrote in message
What is your opinion on "batting" for tablerunners? I'm thinking that low
loft batting is even too thick. Also thought of light weight fleece or
flannel.
And for potholders/trivets I have the Insul Bright, but I thought I read

or
heard that you should also use a layer of batting as well. Is it really
necessary to use batting in them as well along with the Insul Bright?
Any and all ideas welcome. TIA
Marlys in Indiana

--

http://community.webshots.com/user/marletts