Old May 19th 07, 07:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default OFF TOPIC.. about my bracelet

According to Sheila Paine
Meduza comes with snakes comes in Africa in amulets. coral is believed
to be Meduza drops of blood in in the Andes. And in Roman times Meduza
Slain by Perseus was an amulatic mask .
mirjam

Hi Mirjam! I tried looking it up too, but instead of "Medusa's Eyes" a
picture of my bracelet comes up under "Evil Eye Bracelets", that apparently
has a background in Turkey (and throughout Europe) and they are used to ward
off bad luck given by evil eye... whether intentional or unintentional. The
top picture on this page
http://www.karumtrading.com/ethnicjewelry/evileye2.html looks almost
identical to my bracelet my cousin gave me.

*hugs*
Gemini

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
I haven`t heard about Meduza`s eyes and am going to read about it . I
have heard and seen Tiger`s eye .
mirjam